Plastics Process Technicians and Operators – Extrusions/Rotomould
Aliaxis is a worldwide group of companies that manufacture piping systems for buildings, infrastructures, industry and agriculture. Brands that you may know include Marley, Dux, and Dynex and RX Plastics that are all part of the Aliaxis group here in New Zealand. You will join the manufacturing team while keeping to safe working practices, production schedules and meet all product specifications.
We are a stable business despite the pandemic and have strong customer demand. We are currently looking for full-time Extrusions/Rotomould Operators to join our manufacturing teams. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, well-motivated person to pursue a career within a group of companies that actively develops its employees.
This is a hands-on role that involves the setting up of operations and team work to ensure our products are of the highest quality to meet our customer requirements.
Details of the Roles:
- Attractive hourly wage rate.
- Shifts: Day, Afternoon and Night shifts available – Monday to Friday.
- Locations: Jobs are available in Avondale, Manurewa (Auckland), Horotiu (Hamilton) and Ashburton (South Island) manufacturing sites.
- Career: We have a strong training platform for you to follow so you can move up the career path to skilled technician with a trade qualification and beyond to team leadership roles.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound appreciation of good Health & Safety work practices.
- Team player with initiative and “can do” attitude.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills along with basic computer literacy.
- Physically fit.
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Current full driver’s licence.
- A proven track record of reliability and work ethic.
- Experience in manufacturing or Extrusions/Rotomould would advantageous but is not essential – training will be provided.
- Understanding of health/safety procedures.
- Basic computer skills.
- Already living in NZ and able to work without work visa restrictions.
- Good communication and decision-making skills with attention to detail.
- Forklift licence would be advantageous but isn’t necessary.